Pepper Public Affairs
Pepper Public Affairs is a London-based public relations (PR) and media company.
Relationship with the Tobacco Industry
British newspaper The Observer, reported in July 2013 that leaked internal Philip Morris International (PMI) documents revealed that Pepper Media played a pivotal role in PMI's Anti-Plain Packaging Campaign.
As part of the PMI campaign, Pepper Media was hired to produce regional stories on illicit trade and plain packaging encouraging illicit trade; press releases, and “ad hoc projects” (see image 1).
- For more information on the tobacco industry’s wider communication strategy against plain packaging go to Plain Packaging in the UK: Tobacco Industry Funded Research, Expert Opinion and Public Relations
- Philip Morris
- PMI’s Anti-PP Media Campaign
- Plain Packaging in the UK: Tobacco Industry Funded Research, Expert Opinion and Public Relations
- PRCA Public Affairs Agency Register September - December 2012, PRCA website, accessed March 2017
- Public Affairs Agency Register June – May 2013, PRCA website, accessed March 2017
- J. Doward, Revealed: tobacco giant’s secret plans to see off plain cigarette packets, The Observer, 27 July 2013, accessed March 2017
- Philip Morris International, PMI Corporate Affairs Update, February 2012 (slide 39). Leaked document