Share this on social media and follow us @BathTR
We investigate the strategies and tactics the tobacco industry uses to undermine public health. Our rigorously-sourced profiles of the key players, organisations, allies and techniques of the tobacco industry make Tobacco Tactics a vital resource.
Journalists, academics, policy-makers, advocates and researchers use our work because they value our evidence-based approach and accessible style.
Want to stay one-step ahead of Big Tobacco? Stay in touch with Tobacco Tactics.
Read our latest research on these key topics
EU Tobacco Products Directive | Leaked Tobacco Industry Documents | Lobby Groups | Next Generation Products | E-cigarettes | Heated Tobacco Products | Snus | Plain Packaging | Smuggling | Think Tanks | Third Party Techniques | Tobacco Companies
Explore Tobacco Tactics and keep in contact
You can search for a specific topic in the Search Bar on the left side of the screen. For tips on how to find what you are looking for, see our Help Page.
For more information on TobaccoTactics and the Tobacco Control Research Group, see our About Us page.
Follow us: | @BathTR | Contact Us | Mailing list: Opt in to receive information here | Feel free to contact us with appropriate requests and comments at tobacco-tacticsATbath.ac.uk
What’s New in the Media
A selection of the latest media articles covering tobacco control. You can also visit the latest publications by Tobacco Tactics academics.
13 June 2019
7 June 2019
6 June 2019
5 June 2019
31 May 2019
31 May 2019
27 May 2019
18 May 2019
- T.Elliott, Big Tobaccos’ shadowy new play:, With health authorities stubbing out much of Big Tobacco’s business, and vaping on the rise, one of the industry’s biggest players says it plans to stop selling cigarettes. Is that just hot air?, Sydney Morning Herald
18 May 2019
15 May 2019
10 May 2019
What's New on TobaccoTactics
Some of our most recently updated pages
7 June 2019
3 June 2019
- New country profile on Zambia and updated information on Uganda
29 May 2019
24 May 2019
17 May 2019
- Profile on Yusuf Abramjee, spokesperson for #TakeBacktheTax and his ties with the tobacco industry.
16 May 2019
- Profile on the 'most prolific' academic writer on e-cigarettes Riccardo Polosa and his relationship with tobacco companies.
9 May 2019
2 May 2019
- New page: A comprehensive look at the history of Motorsport Sponsorship by tobacco companies and current controversies
18 April 2019
4 April 2019
1 April 2019
26 March 2019
- FDA Commissioner: 'no evidence that Altria's investment in JUUL was health motivated'. See: E-Cigarettes: Altria.
21 March 2019
14 March 2019
TobaccoTactics is a project of the Tobacco Control Research Group at the Department for Health at the University of Bath and is overseen by managing editors Andrew Rowell and Phil Chamberlain. TobaccoTactics has a policy of Strict Referencing.
Copyright © the University of Bath. Under a creative commons licence you are free to copy and redistribute the material for non commerical use. However, you must give appropriate credit to the University of Bath and acknowledge us as the copyright holder by stating: "This material is reproduced from www.TobaccoTactics.org. Copyright University of Bath and used under permission of the University of Bath. All rights reserved."
Disclaimer. Some of the research for TobaccoTactics is funded by Cancer Research UK Limited and Bloomberg Philanthropies. This work has previously received funding from The New Venture Fund, Smokefree South West, and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Knowledge Exchange Opportinities scheme. These funders have had no input into the research reported on this website or its conclusions. They are not responsible for the content or the publication, nor do they necessarily endorse it. Published by the University of Bath. Read the General Disclaimer.