Long Standing Career in the Tobacco Industry
Azinovic joined PMI in 2009, and has held several senior management positions including:
- President Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa Region and PMI Duty Free (2015)
- President of European Union Region (2012)
- President Philip Morris Japan (2011)
- Vice President of Marketing and Sales Asia Region (2009)
Signed Memorandum of Understanding with Government of Armenia
In March 2017, Azinovic met with Armenia’s President, Serzh Sargsyan, to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between PMI and the government of Armenia. 
The MOU marked the proposed collaboration between Armenia and the tobacco company in establishing a new PMI Research & Development Centre in Jrvezh, and Azinovic was quoted as saying “we are glad to see such [an] approach [encouraging people to reveal their talents and developing technologies] and readiness to cooperate”.
In addition to facilities in Switzerland and Singapore, the Armenian facility is PMI’s third R&D Centre.
- Philip Morris International, Our Leadership Team: Drago Azinovic, undated, accessed October 2017
- President of the Republic of Armenia, President received delegation of Philip Morris International Management SA, 2 March 2017, accessed October 2017
- Philip Morris Armenia innovation center to open in Engineering, Banks.am, 27 June 2017, accessed October 2017