Dr Arvind Yadav has been a Lecturer in Business Strategy at Norwich Business School at the University of East Anglia since May 2011. Yadav's research interests focus on competition and performance in the UK grocery retail industry. He lectures and teaches in the areas of strategic management, marketing strategy and international business.
Links to the tobacco industry
In 2012, Yadav and his colleague Professor Paul Dobson produced a report, Packaging in a market economy: The economic and commercial role of packaging communication, on behalf of the British Brands Group (BBG).The BBG is “a membership organisation dedicated to championing brands in the UK.”  It vehemently has been opposed to the introduction of plain packaging for tobacco products. The BBG does not disclose who its members are, however, Philip Morris International reported in 2017 that it was a member of the BBG. Previous research has found that British American Tobacco (BAT) Belgium also listed itself as a member of the BBG.  The report produced by Dobson and Yadav has been subsequently cited as evidence against plain packaging for tobacco products in the UK plain packaging consultation submission of Imperial Tobacco.
- Plain Packaging
- British Brands Group
- Professor Paul Dobson
- Industry Arguments Against Plain Packaging
- P. Dobson, A. Yadav, Packaging in a market economy: The economic and commercial role of packaging communication, 28 June 2012, accessed April 2013
- Arvind Yadav, People: Dr Arvind Yadav, Norwich Business School, University of East Anglia, accessed April 2013
- BBG,Welcome to the British Brands Group, undated, accessed May 2019
- Tobacco Tactics,British Brands Group,2011, accessed May 2019