Martin Braddock was a senior executive at Japan Tobacco International (JTI). His most recent role was that of Regional President for the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region (2006-2013).
He left the company in November 2013.
Braddock began his career with Price Waterhouse UK in 1986 and in 1989 Braddock qualified as Certified Accountant while working in Eastern Europe.
Career with Tobacco Industry
Braddock joined the international operations of American tobacco company RJ Reynolds (RJR) in Geneva, Switzerland, in 1993 as Manager Finance East and Central Europe. In 1997 he was appointed Senior Director Finance & Chief Financial Officer for RJR’s Africa/ East and Central Europe business.
In 2002, Braddock was promoted to JTI’s Financial Director.
Belarus: Launched New Cigarette Production Line
Since 2005, JTI has localised its cigarette production in Belarus and has been working with state-run tobacco company Neman from 2009.
In July 2011, Belarus national media reported that Braddock had unveiled a new super slim cigarette production line at the Grodno-based factory of Neman, promising further investment in the country and expressing confidence that this new production line would be “a positive signal to other foreign investors”.
Euromonitor International data shows that JTI had a 20% cigarette market share in Belarus in 2017. That same year JTI’s cigarette brand Winston was the third most popular brand on the Belarus market, after Neman’s Minsk and NZ brands.
- Japan Tobacco International, Leadership, JTI website, undated, accessed November 2018
- M. Braddock, LinkedIn profile, undated, accessed October 2018
- Japan Tobacco International, Management, undated, accessed October 2018
- P. Govare, Announcement, 5 September 1997, RJ Reynolds Records, Truth Tobacco Industry Documents, Bates no: 530284341-530284344, accessed November 2018
- Japan Tobacco International, Martin Braddock, 6 May 2012, accessed October 2018
- JTI ready for doing business in Belarus, 5 July 2011, Belarus.by, accessed October 2018
- Euromonitor International. Belarus Company Shares Historical (%) 2012-2017, euromonitor.com, accessed November 2018
- Euromonitor International. Belarus Brand Shares Historical (%) 2012-2017, euromonitor.com, accessed November 2018