On 28 November 2017, BAT announced that Wheaton would assume the position of Regional Director Americas and Sub Saharan Africa President with effect from 31 December 2017.
Career with British American Tobacco
- Managing Director Next Generation Products, BAT (2015-2017)
- Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Director, BAT (2012)
- Global Brand Director, BAT (2010)
- General Manager Russia, BAT (2007)
- Marketing Director Russia, BAT (2004)
- Marketing Director Nigeria, BAT (2001)
- Marketing Development Manager West Africa, Rothmans (1999)
- Brand Manager for the Middle-East, Rothmans (1996)
In Charge of BAT's Next Generation Products (2015-2017)
In 2010, BAT set up Nicoventures in order to develop regulatory-approved, non-tobacco nicotine products. Nicoventures later split into two arms (both still wholly owned by BAT); one for licensed nicotine products, called Nicovations and one for unlicensed nicotine products, the name of which is not specified on Nicovations website. Wheaton was appointed the Managing Director of Nicovations in January 2015. As of 14 August 2017, Nicoventures also traded under the name of Nicovations.
On 31 August 2017, BAT announced it would be integrating its Next Generation Products (e-cigarettes and heated tobacco products into its core business and that Wheaton, Managing Director Next Generation Products, would lead this integration process. Previously, BAT had kept the development and production of Next Generation Products separate from its core business, tobacco.
Speaker at Global Tobacco and Nicotine Forum
- British American Tobacco
- Nicoventures, a Tobacco Company, or Not?
- CN Creative
- Global Tobacco and Nicotine Forum
- Heated Tobacco Products
- Understanding the emergence of the tobacco industry's use of the term tobacco harm reduction in order to inform public health policy, S. Peeters, A. Gilmore, Tobacco Control 2015, 24:182-189
- British American Tobacco, Management Board: Our leadership team, undated, accessed September 2017
- British American Tobacco, News Release: British American Tobacco announces Management Board changes, 28 November 2017, accessed November 2017
- GTNF 2017 Profile: Kingsley Wheaton, undated, accessed 2017
- C. Cookson, BAT aims to smoke out nicotine lovers who find cigarettes a drag, Financial Times, 5 April 2011
- Nicovations, Our Team, accessed March 2016
- Companies House, Written Resolution of Nicoventures Limited (the ‘Company”), 14 August 2017
- British American Tobacco, Management Board Changes, News Release, 31 August 2017, accessed September 2017
- Global Tobacco & Nicotine Forum, Look Who’s Talking. GTNF 2015: Voices from ‘The Square’, GTNF 2015, accessed February 2017
- Global Tobacco & Nicotine Forum, Look who’s talking, 2017, accessed October 2017