Riis-Jørgensen is also the founder of the European Privacy Association (EPA), a Brussels-based lobby group.
Lobbying on the Tobacco Products Directive
Riis-Jørgensen lobbied the European Commission on the EU Tobacco Products Directive Revision (TPD). On 16 March 2011 and 6 March 2012, Riis-Jørgensen and Swedish Match Public Affairs Director Cecilia Kindstrand-Isaksson met representatives of the European Commission's Secretariat General to discuss the TPD review.
Prior to her career as a lobbyist, Riis-Jørgensen was a Danish politician who served as a Member of European Parliament from 1994 to 2009. She was twice re-elected in 1999 and in 2004. From 1987 to 1989 she worked for the European Commission's task force for small and medium-sized enterprises. 
- The revision of the 2014 European tobacco products directive: an analysis of the tobacco industry’s attempts to ‘break the health silo’, S. Peeters, H. Costa, D. Stuckler, M. McKee, A.B. Gilmore, 2016, Tobacco Control; 25:108-117
- Quantifying the influence of tobacco industry on EU governance: automated content analysis of the EU Tobacco Products Directive, H. Costa, A.B. Gilmore, S. Peeters, M. McKee, D. Stuckler, 2014, Tobacco Control; 23:473-478
- Kreab Gavin Anderson, Our people in Brussels, undated, accessed January 2015
- EU transparency Register, Kreab Gavin Anderson entry, accessed 8 July 2013
- European Parliament Budgetary Control Committee, Questionnaire from the Committee on Budgetary Control to OLAF and to the Commission Secretariat concerning the resignation of the former Commissioner John Dalli, Questionnaire with replies (English version), 30 November 2012, accessed 8 July 2013
- K. Riis-Jørgensen, Karin Riis-Jørgensen's Linkedin Profile, Linkedin, undated, accessed 8 July 2013
- K. Riis-Jørgensen, Curriculum Vitae, Karin Riis-Jørgensen personal website, undated, accessed 8 July 2013