Josie Appleton is the director of the Manifesto Club.
She is a regular author for Spiked, has spoken at conferences organised by the Institute of Ideas and a supporter of Forest's Hands Off Our Packs campaign.
Against Plain Packaging
As a supporter of the Hands Off Our Packs campaign, Appleton argues that:
- Display bans and plain packaging treat the public rather as an animal behaviourist might treat a chimp. Hide or disguise cigarettes and people might forget that they exist. You don't have to be a fan of cigarettes or cigarette companies to oppose such patronising measures.
- ↑ Manifesto Club Website, About the Manifesto Club, undated, accessed 14 June 2011
- ↑ Spiked, Josie Appleton, undated, accessed 14 June 2011
- ↑ For example What are Museums for?
- ↑ Hands Off Our Packs, Supporters, undated, accessed 31 January 2012
- ↑ Hands Off Our Packs, Supporters, Accessed April 2012