Christopher Pincher is the Conservative MP for Tamworth.
In October 2010, he voted for the smoking ban to be overturned.
In December 2010, he signed a letter in demanding that the tobacco display ban be reconsidered.
In June 2011, he voted against a Private Member’s Bill banning smoking in cars carrying children. The bill was supported by the British Lung Foundation.
Profile of Christopher Pincher on TheyWorkForYou website.
- Jonathan Isaby, ‘David Nuttall's attempt to relax the smoking ban falls at the first hurdle - but 77 Tory MPs vote for his Bill (with 38 opposing it)’, ConservativeHome website, 14 October 2010, accessed 19 December 2011
- Paul Goodman, 'Fifty Conservative MPs demand a free vote on shop tobacco display ban', ConservativeHome website, 18 December 2010, accessed 19 December 2011
- Hansard, Smoking in Private Vehicles bill first reading in the House of Commons, 22 June 2011, accessed 17 December 2011
- British Lung Foundation, ‘Alex Cunningham MP successfully tabled a motion to stop smoking in cars with children’, Press Release, 22 June 2011, accessed 17 December 2011
- House of Commons Publications, ‘Register of Members' Financial Interests - as at 13th December 2011’ (pdf), 13 December 2011, accessed 15 December 2011
- Miles Goslett and Keith Gladdis, ‘Tobacco firm gave thousands of pounds worth of hospitality to nine MPs who opposed smoking bill’, Daily Mail, 23 November 2011, accessed 16 December 2011